Dental care is vital to the overall health of any animal. Dental disease can lead to health issues with the heart,
In spite of these disturbing facts, many pet owners are not aware of the importance of dental care to their pet's health. There are a lot of different ways to improve your pet's dental hygiene, including home brushing, dental
The most effective way to protect your pet from dental disease is through professional cleanings. We perform thorough cleanings, including the area beneath the gums that you can't see or access at home.
If your pet has brown/yellow teeth, bad breath or is having difficulty eating, these could all be signs of dental disease. Please call us today, at (513) 797-7387, to learn more about dental disease and to schedule your pet’s dental cleaning.
Pet Dental Services
- Preventative dentistry
- Digital radiology
- Tooth extraction
- Pain relief
- Exotic dentistry
- Pre-Anesthetic Bloodwork: A very important first step, pre-anesthetic bloodwork gives us insight into your pet’s internal organ function and helps us ensure they are healthy enough to undergo anesthesia.
- IV Catheter: We give warm IV fluids to help keep your pet hydrated and warm during the procedure. This also helps keep the blood pressure up.
- Full Mouth Radiographs: Teeth are like icebergs (there is at least as much below the gum as there is above). This gives us a picture of the entire tooth, allowing us to catch problems earlier. Our goal is to save teeth not extract them.
- Note: Full Mouth Radiographs are an additional $40.
- Oral Charting: We examine each tooth and chart tartar and pocket depths (pocket depth is the gap between the gum and the tooth).
- Ultrasonic Scaling: This process removes the brown tartar that you see on the surface of the tooth.
- Subgingival Scaling: This removes the tartar from just under the gum line.
- Polishing: It is more difficult for bacteria and tartar to adhere to a smooth, polished tooth. This step extends the ‘life’ of your oral prophylaxis.
- Oravet Sealer: Applying this product helps protect the teeth from tartar build-up by as much as 50%!
- Digital Before and After Pictures: Sometimes it is hard to remember what your pet’s teeth looked like before they were cleaned. Pictures make that difference very clear and, hopefully, communicate the importance of regular prophylaxes.
- Report: You will receive a report of your pet’s oral health which includes all pictures, charts, and radiographs taken.